Position starts July 29h, 2014.
Work hours: 28 hours per week
Salary: $27,400, 4 weeks of holidays included during the centre’s summer closure.
The Programming Coordinator represents the artistic vision of articule to diverse publics. Aware of local, national, and international contemporary art practices, s/he will lead, develop, and coordinate innovative programming and other initiatives which advance article’s mandate and artistic vision.
articule is an open-access artist-run centre dedicated to the presentation of a broad range of contemporary art practices. Through our various programming channels, we strive for artistic excellence, interdisciplinarity and social engagement. The centre operates using a non-hierarchical structure.
• a minimum of 3 years experience coordinating art exhibitions, events and projects
• experience in publicity and promotion, including representation and public-speaking
• knowledge of contemporary art and the artist-run-centre structure and networks
• strong language and interpersonal skills
• bilingual English-French, excellent writing skills, mastery of written French
• expertise in grant-writing
• familiarity with a Macintosh environment (Word, Excel, InDesign, Photoshop)
• dynamic personality, good team spirit and an openness to a diversity of approaches
• plans and manages the presentation of exhibitions and projects
• coordinates and participates in programming committees
• prepares communications related to programming and manages the promotion of events
• writes press releases and liaises with the press to stimulate coverage
• maintains on-going communication with artists
• supervises programming support staff, including freelancers, interns and volunteers
• represents the centre and its objectives in the artistic milieu, the media and the public
• represents articule at conferences, festivals and other events
• liaises with peer organizations, networks and partner organizations
• supports fundraising activities by representing articule at meetings and events
• writes grant applications for core funding, projects, and other supports
• manages the programming budget
• leads the activities of the committee examing articule’s projected relocation
• works in collaboration with colleagues, the Board of Directors and the Membership to ensure the smooth running of the centre
Applications should include:
• letter of intent; curriculum vitæ; pertinent examples of writing (2); names and coordinates of two references.
Please submit applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 5 pm, Friday, June 20, 2014
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.