DEADLINE: DECEMBER 9, 2019, 11:59PM EST
articule launches its call for proposals for the next year and invites local, national and international artists, artists’ collectives, art institutions and curators interested in establishing a dialogue with contemporary art and the centre to submit an exhibition or research project of diverse nature for the programming years 2020-2021. We are interested in artistic ideas and projects that are concerned with and unpack the ideas of “tradition” in its various permutations. We accept proposals for exhibitions, projects, and research of diverse nature taking place at the gallery or online.
As an artist-run centre dedicated to the presentation of a wide range of practices in contemporary art and who supports experimentation and social engagement, articule considers emerging artists, as well as those who have established important precedents and continue to commit themselves to the ideals of experimentation and risk-taking. We particularly encourage Indigenous artists and artists of colour to submit a proposal, as well as self-identifying trans and genderfluid artists.
Before sending your submission, we invite you to visit our website to get more information on the different types of programming articule presents, our mandate and Basis of Unity, and the gallery measurements. articule pays artist fees according to CARFAC guidelines.
Proposals must include:
- curriculum vitae
- a clear description of the project (max. 2 pages)
- a specific date for presentation (if applicable)
- a global budget with details on how articule’s support will be used (optional)
- a completed submission form
Visual support material
- supporting material (including one or more of the following)
- maximum of 10 digital images or slides, clearly identified
- maximum of two video links (max.10 min.), clearly identified
- a website
- any other document you consider pertinent to your submission
- a descriptive list for the visual material (title, date, dimension, medium)
If you submit digital images please comply with the following guidelines: - compatible with MacIntosh OS 10.4 and OS 10.5
- .jpeg format suggested, do not exceed 1 MB or 1024 x 768 pixels
- identify each image with a number and a title corresponding to the descriptive list
Send your submissions to: email@example.com
The subject of the email: submission - 2020-2021 programming
Deadline: December 9, 2019, 11:59 pm EST
Late and/or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.