N.B. join our mailing list to say up to date on calls for submission. Send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “newsletter”.
Members' Exhibition: UNBOXED | DÉBALLÉ
articule past and present
DEADLINE: January 15, 2020
Exhibition: April 4 - 12, 2020
Opening: April 3, 2020, 7 PM
Install: March 30 - April 3, 2020
2020 will be articule’s 40th anniversary. When articule was founded, it belonged to “the network of parallel galleries” which became today’s artist-run centres. This year’s members’ show invites members past and present to explore the archives of the centre as a starting place for new works. Join us in this effort to retrace, reconsider and remake our networks and histories.
Participating artists are invited to use articule’s archives as inspiration for their submission. While the contents of the archives will be left unchanged, members are invited to draw on their memories as a prompt for writing, performance, intervention, installation, painting, recording, etc. The archives will be available to peruse at set times in early 2020. Participants are also invited to send traces or testimonies of their own experiences with articule in the form of notes, photos, posters, and more.
Please note: this exhibition is for members of articule (past or present) only. If you are not a member, we invite you to become a member and apply for next year’s show.
Send the following as one PDF file to email@example.com:
- - A short biography (max. 50 words)
- - A paragraph explaining your interest in participating (max. 200 words)
- - A description of how you want to participate; by creating or performing a new work, sending an object to be included, or both (max. 200 words)
- - Your access needs
DEADLINE : January 21, 2020
articule is looking for members of the centre for its next Instagram residencies!
Residencies are one month long, part-time, and will take place in February, March, April, May or June. This residency is an exciting opportunity to use Instagram as a platform for artistic and/or literary interventions, promote artists and content you are excited about, and invigorate articule’s Instagram. We are especially interested in highlighting under-represented voices and artists.
This residency is open to all members of articule. If you have access needs with Instagram, please let us know.
You will be responsible for:
- - Artistic and/or literary interventions on articule’s Instagram account. These can be of your own work, others’ work, questions and issues you care about, etc.
- - Consistent Instagram posts & stories (min. 3x per week)
- - Collaborating with articule’s communications calendar
- - Short bio - A description of how you propose to use the residency. For example, the artists and the type of content you wish to promote (250-300 words)
- - Your Instagram account
- - Your preference of month: February, March, April, May or June
A $175 honorarium is offered for each residency.
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Instagrammer-in-Residence” in the subject line by January 21, 2020.
DEADLINE : ONGOING
For over ten years, articule has been presenting public interventions, live art projects, happenings, new artistic practices, as well as public talks, workshops, video/film screenings, etc. through its Special Projects programming. We invite artists and people working in other fields to question with us what is undisciplinarity today. For instance, how do we draw the line between art and community or activist projects, between aesthetic, political, scientific, or philosophical research? How are these limits transgressed? Projects can happen at the gallery, online or offsite. We are also open to collaborations with other organisations. In order to respond quickly to proposed initiatives, the committee will meet regularly throughout the year to review submissions.
Support by articule for Special Projects can take many forms: promotional and logistic support, access to the centre’s equipment, administrative infrastructure, venue, and financial support. Applicants with an idea they would like to discuss or develop further with the committee are also invited to do so.
Selected projects could take the form of:
- public interventions
- live art projects
- new artistic practices
- public talks
- video/film screenings
- undisciplinary practices
Please note that exhibition proposals, no matter the length, will not be accepted. To apply for an exhibition, please refer to our Exhibition Programming submission, launched every Fall.
Proposals must include:
- - a completed submission form
- - curriculum vitae
- - a clear description of the project (in the form)
- - a specific date for presentation (if applicable)
- - a global budget with details on how articule’s support will be used
Visual support material (including one or more of the following)
- - maximum of 10 digital images or slides, clearly identified
- - maximum of two video links (max.10 min.), clearly identified
- - a website
- - any other document you consider pertinent to your submission
- - a descriptive list for the visual material (title, date, dimension, medium)
If you submit digital images please comply with the following guidelines:
- - compatible with MacIntosh OS 10.4 and OS 10.5
- - .jpeg format suggested, do not exceed 1 MB or 1024 x 768 pixels
- - identify each image with a number and a title corresponding to the descriptive list
Please send your submission to: email@example.com
Mailed-in dossiers that are not claimed or not pre-stamped will not be kept.